1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

what's up with the wire-thingy hanging from jack's ear when he's on the phone? he can't afford bluetooth?

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

He's paranoid that the bluetooth signal could be picked up by someone who's after him (or shouldn't be listening in) so the wire-thingy makes the call more secure.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Tonight's episode conclusion: Hard. Core. Jack.

And next week's looks even more hardcore.

4. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

He's definitely been pushed over the edge. Old Jack wouldn't have killed Dana cold blood like that, and she was right that he really is after revenge. Part of me still felt he just wanted to expose the wrongdoers, but it's clear from tonight and next week's preview that he's on a one-man mission to take down everyone responsible for killing Renee. Should be pretty sweet.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I suppose the fact that this is the last season has freed up the writers a little bit. They really don't have to worry about Jack being available for a Day 9.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

It is getting very interesting.

7. Anyone notice, no silent clock for Dana? Hmmm.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I think the progress Jack has made over the years left us thinking that old Jack wouldn't murder her like that. However, we can't forget he just as easily murdered Nina and didn't seem to give it a second thought.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't think she was silent-clock worthy.

Not a bad episode, but not nearly as good as the Times Square bomber coverage. This show has completely been undone by real life current events, the actual news is much more interesting.

10. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Yeah, that's true. But he did seem a lot more conflicted about it this time, almost like he was admitting to himself that Dana could do "nothing" to earn his mercy as much as he was letting Dana know that. And Nina did actually kill Teri herself, while Dana only had a small role in what happened to Renee.

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

This is exactly what I've been waiting all season for.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

As the shot of dead Dana faded out, I actually thought to myself, "They'd better not give her a goddamn silent clock."

Nothing To Lose Jack is the best Jack.

Draft saved Draft deleted