1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I guess with Dana's death we'll never get a conclusion to the lame redneck boyfriend, overeager parole officer side story.

2. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

This is ridiculous. Jack should still be in jail for killing Ryan Chapelle 6 years ago. Nina Myers I get, but Dana Walsh made no sense and will only upset Cole. I was hoping Jack gets taken out at the end of the season, but I guess they have movie deals.

Perhaps Jack will kill logan and get a full pardon for killing about 6 people in one hour.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

At some point in the next four hours hopefully Jack will remember he has a daughter and granddaughter to lose. Then we can see how the bloodlust for revenge in Renee's death balances out with his moral center and wanting a normal life with his family. If that inner debate results in a lapse in judgment that gets him killed.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The only reason Dana had to die was to show how consumed by revenge Jack is -- that he's casting aside all of his morals and beliefs in order to get revenge.

The bobby-trapping of the safe deposit box was ridiculous (how far in advance did she plan that?) as was her pathetic call to 9-1-1.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Until they find the parole dude in the heating duct. They should be smelling him all over CTU right about now.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, if none of this ever transpired and she and her fiance went to get something out of there, how would that have worked? "I'm just going to point this at the wall while it explodes a little bit, but don't worry about it."

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Remember, he didn't know about the safe deposit box. It was her box, not their box.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I could see them killing Jack and making the movie a prequel.

9. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

That would be a great twist. But I think I've seen where the writers plan to make the end of the show lead in to the movie. It would be hard to "lead in" to a prequel, I guess, but I like the idea.

10. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

The way he killed off Dana Walsh (gunning down an unarmed villain who willing to give up) was pretty similar to what he did to his former mentor, Christopher Henderson a few years ago. Besides, we've seen Bauer kill 253 people in 8 days. How much hesitation can he have over pulling a trigger at this point?

Also, here's a pretty good interview with Katee Sackhoff from EW.com:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/04/24-exclusive-shocking-death-spoilers/

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the DB Sweeney kill was thoroughly enjoyable.

"You won't take the shot!"

BANG. He gone.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Probably won't happen. I would prefer the story to advance. I think Jack will kill Logan before this season is up and Jack being hauled away.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Note to self, do not swallow SIM card.

Draft saved Draft deleted