1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

These final episodes are epic. That scene is going down in my 24 Hall of Fame. Pretty pumped for Jack to suit up next week for his big showdown with Logan.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Alarm bells started going off in my head when, coming back from commercial before the final segment, we got another "viewer discretion is advised" warning. I said, "Either that was a mistake, or they've got some seriously evil shit planned for this last segment."

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I couldn't agree more. Jack didn't even give it a second thought. I'm loving this darker Jack.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

I think what I'm enjoying most about this run of episodes is that the characters are just doing things with little discussion. I don't want to hear every possible argument for or against torture, I just want to see Jack go nuts and go all "the ends justify the means" on someone if that's what the character really wants to do in the moment.

This is incredibly compelling for all characters. I've even enjoyed President Taylor more since she stopped talking so much and started making split-second decisions.

5. Wallace

Wallace Guest

Wife and I thought the same thing - shit is about to go down! Wasn't disappointed.

Loving these final episodes. Logan is just so great at making you hate him.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I'm thinking the people who have criticized this show for glorifying torture did not enjoy that episode. I, however, enjoyed it immensely.

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I loved Logan's voice mail message.

"You have reached President Charles Logan. He is not available now, please leave a message."

My guess is the former leader of the free world would have a more generic message than that, and his number would have shown up as "private" on Pavel's phone.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That got me too. 'Hey it's Charles, leave a message! Have a good day!'

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Note to self, if I accidentally swallow SIM card and can somehow retrieve it before it gets to the stomach it will still work.

10. EStreetJoe

I'm waiting to see how they have Jack get past security (or how many security guards Jack takes out) in order for him to get to Logan.

This is indeed a darker Jack. The old Jack would try to use a means (torture) will justify the ends (saving the world/bringing someone to justice). This Jack is out for revenge and blood plain and simple -- he won't stop until he's killed or until he's killed everyone responsible in some way for Renee's death.

Since the reporter now has the video evidence, will that show up on the news in the next hour or will they wait for the two-hour season finale for that to make it to the news reports?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So what was it that Jack squirted on the Russian after he cut him? I'm thinking lemon juice.
    I've got to say, my favorite scene was Logan trying to figure out which tie to wear. Though I've got to think, Logan being the sneaky bastard he is - I was certain he would have leaked his involvement by now.
    Ah what the hell, this show is like watching a kid making up a story as he plays with toys. Crash!!!!! Booom!!

12. EStreetJoe

The Jack kill count went up exponentially this week.
    Like Pilar said - "the man is out for blood"
    Set things up for a season finale where the bounds of believability will be tested even further than they were tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted