1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

24 Day 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Anybody else laugh at the fireplace poker sticking out of the Russian's gut?

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've got to go back and look at that scene again. I thought it was some kind of antique sword that Jack used on him, not a fireplace poker.

3. How many presidential assassinations will Jack have on his resume by the time this season's done?

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

I thought it was a fireplace poker as well. Somewhat disappointed they decided not to show that firefight.

This is just being nitpicky, but couldn't Jack stitch himself up after he got stabbed?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The actor who plays President Logan is awesome. His ability to show pompous cowardice is a delight.

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Like the peasant in Holy Grail, Logan's "not dead yet" so he won't be part of the count.
    There's no way Jack would kill president Taylor.
    The Russian president, maybe.
    So the count will either be 1 or 0.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Yeah, I gotta agree with ya on them not showing the firefight. Looks like it was a doozy.
    Hate when shows do that.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Gregory Itzhin just won an Emmy with that performance. That's as good as it gets.

Is Jack going to assassinate the Russian president?

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

He's really kicking ass the past few episodes.

I know it doesn't really fit the story, but it would have been great if they could have found a way to have Jack torture Michael Madsen and cut off his ear.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

When the tunnel scene started, I thought Keifer Sutherland was auditioning for Ironman III

11. mb

mb Active Member

I was thinking more along the lines of Friday the 13th, Part Whatever ... but maybe that's just me.

12. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

I'm worried about this final showdown that looks like is building between Jack and Chloe. One of them is going to have to shoot the other, and while I would hate it I can see them having Jack shoot Chloe if she's in the way of him finishing this mad vendetta. Jack has to be around for the movie, but I guess Chloe could shoot to wound him.

Draft saved Draft deleted