1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 for 30 running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 6, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's called scope.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The promos for "The U - Part 2" are hilarious as these fool asses talk about this school as if its still relevant and been relevant in the past decade.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It will be pretty hilarious to look back at how the new sheriff brought in to instill discipline and do things The Right Way was none other than Butch Davis.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Why is the U getting a second 30 for 30 with so many other slimy sports factory schools still waiting for their first? Hardly seems fair.

5. LongTimeListener

The director is an alum and has a cottage industry of Miami-based films. He did Cocaine Cowboys, which was very good.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He did a movie on the 1985 Pittsburgh Pirates?

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No clue. I'm a Hurricanes fan, but I thought the U episode was a bit too fawning. Was guessing the next one might be a little more critical and maybe deal with the Shapiro stuff. No clue, but it does seem unnecessary.

Thought the Moss episode definitely could have used another 30 minutes. I know it wasn't focused on his NFL career, but it barely had enough time to mention his accomplishments. I also would have liked to see some highlights or hear about some of the kids who were stud athletes in the area and didn't make it out, other than his one buddy.

8. LongTimeListener

This ... sounds ... awesome.

ESPN Films today announced a new 30 for 30 film that will debut in 2015 as part of the award-winning and critically-acclaimed documentary series. “I Hate Christian Laettner,” directed by Rory Karpf (“The Book of Manning,” “Tim Richmond: To The Limit”), will premiere Sunday, March 15, at 9 p.m. ET after Bracketology on ESPN. Through interviews with former teammates and rivals as well as Laettner himself, the film explores why the polarizing basketball player was—and still is—so disliked.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Every good white college basketball player is hated by opposing fan bases. Laettner was just better than most.

10. LongTimeListener

Steak, EVERYBODY hated Laettner. Your team didn't even need to be playing Duke.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I noticed that in all the NFL highlights, there are none included of him with the Raiders. He played two years of his prime there, and while he struggled overall, he did have some highlights. Not lije i'm asking about Titans highlights.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. NNDman

NNDman Active Member

I felt the Csonka-Kiick-Morris one was well done.

Draft saved Draft deleted