1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A fad reborn?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

"Ever since I was young I was poppin' my collar, poppin' my collar"

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have a pink T-shirt I wear regularly. From "The Crabcake House" in Poquoson, Va.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Like these guys?

[​IMG]

And never forget the Man's Prayer, courtesty of Red Green: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess"

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This is where I get hacked off at catalogs.

I picked up an Orvis tee shirt for $15. The description said it was "salmon." When it arrived, my wife said it was a shade of pink.

I ordered a Brooks Brothers oxford. The description said it was "raspberry." When it arrived, my wife said it was a shade of pink.

Men's clothing companies should make it simple for us. Use whatever name you want for the color, but have a key somewhere in the catalog so we'll know salmon and raspberry are both shades of pink.

(Yes, I wear both shirts. And I look damn good in both.)

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You didn't know raspberry was pink? How many raspberry things have you seen that weren't pink?

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Actual raspberries are red. Raspberry ice cream is pink, but the berry is red. Which I won't wear, either.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But I'm saying. Any product described as "raspberry", not the actual fruit, is always a shade of pink. Normally almost a dark fuchsia.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I think it's a plot by clothing designers to make us all look very gay.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Exactly!!! I thought it was a faded red.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Catalogues will never label pink men's shirts "pink" because they know no self-respecting man will order them.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I'm one of the many who pop collars. I like the look. Of course, i've been doing it for six years now, so it's annoying that everyone else does. I also started wearing pink/baby blue/easter egg colors eight years ago, and now they're in style, which is also annoying.
    I'm not saying I'm a trend starter, but I try to do things people don't. It's fun to dress different. My thing now is white button down, polo shirt over it. It's different. It looks good. I like it.
    I will say this - there aren't many sports journalists who should be ripping on the way people dress. Sure, you can dress nice in a professional setting, but wearing stuff that's ten years old when you're hanging out with people looks ridiculous. We might be the worst dressed profession, so there's nothing worng with trying something different.
    Rant over.

Draft saved Draft deleted