1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A new exhibit joins the Titanic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One thing I don't get, if the emergency SOS thing went off - didn't the mother ship pretty much know what happened from the start as well? Wouldn't they have some way to hear the thing if the sub popped and the "black box" was activated? You almost get the impression that everyone really knew what happened, but thought the "racing against the clock as the subs air supply dwindles" storyline might sell some ads on cable news for a few days.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Or they were hoping against hope that they were wrong, so they went through the motions until they knew for certain.

4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I’m not afraid of heights, but extremely claustrophobic. I would totally ride the roller coasters over the strip in Vegas if there was a way to get there without an elevator or walking up 90 flights of stairs.

maumann and Liut like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So if 5 people were on board, and four paid $250k each - are there snacks on board? Is the $250k a first class ticket?

I am trying to do the math and this submersible with the gaming controller to steer it... the expenses didn't seem that high.

6. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

There are other costs, but price is based on what the market will bear.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

My opinion of Stockton Rush is not high, based on his bravado and pooh-poohing of legit safety concerns, but he walked the walk and didn't leave running the ship to some 14-year-old.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Privatize profit, socialize implosion.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Stratosphere coaster is overrated. As is The Big Shot.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m not saying it’s related. But I’m not not saying it either.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

A black fin with a white dot being attacked by an orca that has similar coloration? Shocking.

Nothing more than whale-on-whale aggression. Won't someone think of the young whales?

Draft saved Draft deleted