1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A sad day for Hooters

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Jul 17, 2006.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

There was a nice profile of the guy in BusinessWeek a year or so ago...he met the reporter for lunch at Hooters, made a meal out of wings and beer and flirted with the waitress (in the old Southern guy sort of way, not the creepy guy sort of way).

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

With absolutely no disrespect to the departed (altho he did make a fortune objectifying women so I don't think I'm being too inappropriate here), I am seeing a nose job and eyebrow wax.  Lugz, would you agree?

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You didn't ask me, but yes. The narrow bridge and dimple at the end of the nose is a giveaway. It looks like the Michael Jackson edition.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Those things and perhaps a little lift as well.

The only thing that bothered me about Hooters was going to Braves games for years and seeing the ubiquitous "Hooters - A Family Restaurant" in the outfield and also when the company said 'Hooters' had nothing to do with boobs. It's a reference to the eyes of an owl.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Anyone trying to further ornithology is all right by me.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Right. I would have had more respect for the place if the slogan had been 'Hooters: Lots of Big Boobs, and the Wings Aren't Bad Either.'

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Out of respect for the departed (and more importantly for the free wing coupon I've been holding on to) took a buddy to Hooters today for lunch.
    Wings weren't great, although the waitress did inform us that everyone in Hooters was grieving, and that there would be several parties there in the next few days.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Their hose doesn't look skin-colored to me.

Went to Hooters about a year ago for wings and an exhibition football game. Worst heartburn I've had in years.

So Hooters is out of the picture. I think they might be washing cars outside today, though ...

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Is it true that Hooters doesn't serve hard liquor? Just beer?

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Yes, just beer and wine. I was there Saturday night with a college buddy (his wife was out of town and he wanted to go to Hooters) and he asked our waitress about getting booze. They also don't sell ribs or fried fish, which you think would be a natural for a sports bar.
    I'm not a big fan of Hooters, because the food is terrible. But for some reason, I end up going there once every three or four months...mainly because married guys always want to go there when they have a chance to go out. Like your henpecked ass has got a shot with a Hooters girl....and like they don't have good looking young waitresses at other sports bars.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I have no problem with Hooters. I've been there a few times and I didn't have any real bad experiences with food.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

My wife took me to a Hooters restaurant once in Toronto. The servers weren't that great looking, nor were they all that well-endowed. The food was middling and over-priced. But at least I can say I was there, which is why she took me there in the first place, so I would stop talking about wanting to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted