1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A soon-to-be-running NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Jun 27, 2006.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

A Morrison crying joke?

ahhahahahahahaa

Why did the Blazers do that? Unless I don't understand some salary aspect of it, why trade up to pick a player (Aldredge) that would have been available at 4?

Best line of draft so far:

DJ Stuey -- "The rest of this interview is going to be in English."

my particular, corny, bastardized english

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm impressed Jordan chose to go with Morrison.

3. NDub

NDub Guest

What are the Bobcats going to do with Gerald Wallace now? He has been their SF and is a great defender. He averaged 15 PPG last season, too. Very underrated. He's has been their starting SF the past two seasons and is listed at 6-7. He doesn't really fit anywhere but SF. So what does this mean for Morrison? Wallace?

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Can Wallace play the 2?

Great pick by the 'Cats, methinks.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hell, put Morrison at 2-guard. The more touches the better.

6. Fubar

Fubar Member

Good job by the lazy eye upon completion of the Adam Morrison interview... "Adam says he likes to listen to Metallica while he works out. Well, I guess Metallica will be playing in Chitown!"

Oops.

Another example on how this production is top-shelf quality-wise: It's wonderful to see that the 18/58 software doesn't quite work yet, and the draft ticker has given Milwaukee's 2nd round pick more airtime than Greg Anthony so far. Way to make sure the software actually works before going live, ESPN. I can only imagine how well your phone works.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

Does the pick of Brandon Roy means the Wolvies are concerned about McCants' health? I mean, two SGs in the first round in back-to-back years? McCants at No. 14, Roy at No. 6.

8. The Duke

The Duke Member

why do we deal with these "I got a story about a trade" when there are 5 minutes between picks and no time for drama.
    If there are 15 minutes between picks, then fine.
    Ric Puker and Andy Katz are boring me to tears!

9. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

"Reacharound! Memphis gets Gay behind Houston"

10. The Duke

The Duke Member

nice. I smell a headline!

11. NDub

NDub Guest

Ok, so the rights to Foye will go to Portland for Telfair?

The rights to Aldridge go to Portland for the rights to Thomas, plus maybe some future considerations and scrubs?

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

One of the more interesting things about this has been the reactions on the faces of the players bashed by the Bilas/Morris Day/Anthony trio ... watching Gay uncomfortably sit there and get bashed and hearing "defer" 45 times since none of them know a synonym for "afraid to shoot and disappears against good teams" was entertaining.

Draft saved Draft deleted