1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'll get whatever the new booster is in late October when we get flu shots unless it goes epidemic sooner. I want the latest and greatest when I get it.

Unless all hell breaks loose again, anyhow.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I live in a blue state. The majority of people will never accept any return of restrictions, masks, etc. There is a portion of people who still wear masks, but other people aren't going to do it again.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fuck 'em. I'm old and have risk factors. My wife has multiple risk factors plus an impaired immune system. We'll take immunizations and wear masks because we don't want to wind up in a hospital Covid ward. If some red hatted fool doesn't want to, that's their choice. Give me shit about my choices and you'll get an earful in return right damn quick.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Nobody gives people shit for wearing masks. They just aren't going back themselves.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Go through your local Wal-Mart with a mask and test that theory.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think people see social media posts of outrageous idiots yelling at people in grocery stores for wearing masks and think it's commonplace. I've never seen anyone give a second thought to anyone wearing a mask out in public, and I'm out in public a lot. ADD: I don't go to Wal-Mart, so there's that.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m deep in Trumplandia and have never seen anyone bitch about someone else masking. And I usually still see a few people each week doing so.

sgreenwell and Batman like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There still are a good amount of people in masks here in NJ — 10-15 percent.

As I mentioned on another thread, Mrs. W and I both got it a couple of weeks ago. Felt like crap for a couple of days. But we didn’t report it to any health agency.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I've seen an uptick in masks lately, on the street, mass transit and at work. Aligns with the modest COVID increase in the northeast.

Some pretty nasty crud going around in my area. Several in my office have been sick, including me. Took a couple of home tests that were negative, though I'm not sure how effective those are any more. I was off and then took a couple of WFH days. I coughed/sneezed and was congested for a few days. Nothing awful, but not fun.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Same here. I think some side eye and eye rolling are about the worst the maskers are going to get. Anyone who would do more than that is just a raging asshole to begin with.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Perhaps posted before, but this links to a site where you can plug in your covid home test “lot number” and see if the expiration is still valid or has been extended.
    At-Home OTC COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests

Draft saved Draft deleted