1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Great info. Thank you.

tea and ease likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In a completely revolting develpment, I had what I thought was a bad cold yesterday, felt somewhat better today, until this evening's text from my daughter-in-law, who was here at Thanksgiving, that she tested positive for covid. A quick home update showed that both my wife and I were positive too. This sucks. I honest;y felt better until I got the call, now of course every cough stirs the paranoid side of my brain.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Get better soon!

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I thought I was until about an hour ago. And maybe I am. In truth I feel much better than I did last night and especially the night before last.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think I got a very similar call after Christmas in 2020. By that point I was in the middle of it but coming out on the back end. Haven't had covid since because I am VAXED and BOOSTED.

The anti-vaxers are welcome to die if they want. More jobs and more Social Security for moi.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm vaxxed, boosted, and reasonably careful and I still caught it. Felt very bad for three days and then felt like crap for another week. Very thankful that I'd been vaxxed. It was miserable.

8. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

If you've just tested positive, you can probably get a prescription for Paxlovid, an antiviral drug for COVID. It's not pleasant, but it's a step you can take to keep the infection from getting worse.

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Get better!

Just re-read Lee Montville's book on Ted Williams. The chapter intro using a snippet from your piece from the Phoenix was super. Outstanding writing, good sir.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Feel better @Michael_ Gee We were fully boosted and both got it in late July.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Can't recommend Paxlovid enough. I felt pretty much normal after one day on it in summer 2022. The aftertaste wasn't great but gum takes care of that. There were warnings about some gastrointestinal distress, but other than a little bit of diarrhea on the aforementioned day one #TMI I was fine.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted