1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I remember your ordeal. I’m so glad I was just put off during my break. Trying to get back into a country would have been maddening.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    TrooperBari likes this.
  2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

My extended family's Christmas Eve and Christmas parties were COVID spreader events. A handful of people came down with COVID. Luckily, I was taking of my father, who can't get around, and we weren't exposed.

Nobody is very sick, happily.

3. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

My Viktor Navorski era was in August 2020. Every test I took then was free, with having to get to testing sites around the Metroplex without a car making up most of my costs. In 2022 I at least had relatives with whom I could crash, but the testing set me back nearly a grand. A chill went down my spine when some local health authorities suggested bringing back testing and quarantine for the current winter surge in respiratory illnesses, but thankfully that appears to have been just talk.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted