1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Kevin Durant is already making me sick again.

:-\

2. Way to jump into the middle of an argument almost a day later, asshat. I've stopped trying to argue college basketball with anyone.

3. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Durant 10, Kansas 6 in the first 6 1/2 minutes.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Durant 14, Kansas 10 9 1/2 minutes in.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Just preserving this in case you want to delete it later, like you normally do.

6. Preserve it all you want. I'll be posting over on Anything Goes now, if you want to continue following me around. ::)

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I have never watched Durant play, but man oh man is he awesome.
    He has now outscored Kansas 19-10 with 8:08 left in the first half and the Longhorns are up 32-10. Some people from this board may need to be on suicide watch after this.

8. CradleRobber

Nah, he's good, but the Jayhawks look like they forgot how to penetrate and defend the rest of the team. They're also not getting the second-chance points they live on.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not me. Durant scored 25 by halftime at Allen Fieldhouse, Jayhawks came back to win. Long way to go in this one.

10. CradleRobber

That's what I'm talking about.

;D

Texas' zone isn't working anymore.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Not sucking up to Oz or any of you SEC haters around here, but I must admit the Big 12 Tourney championship game is showing me two of the top teams in the country.
    Blue chip recruits and as solid coaching as you will find in ANY conference.
    There, too, is a mentality of winning amongst these participants that, when faced by less-postseason-experienced schools, can carry the day.
    Florida's the only school in the SEC like that, currently.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Blitz, I'm not an SEC hater -- I vouched for the Gators in the BCS from the start -- I'm only an SEC West hoops hater this season. ;)

As for this game, Wright and Jackson are saddled with four fouls ... another guy having to battle Durant -- Arthur -- is hurt ... Rush is a little gimpy ... and yet KU has rallied from 22 down to take the lead on two Mario Chalmers free throws. Helluva comeback. Great game.

Draft saved Draft deleted