1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Holy shit, there was a Cara Capuano (sp) sighting! Where has she been since leaving ESPN???

She looks a lot better now. Very easy on my eyes. :)

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

According to the never wrong wikipedia.com:

[​IMG]

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

No. 10 Nevada and No. 8 North Carolina have lost on the road and No. 2 UCLA, the only team that seems to be a consensus pick to be a No. 1 seed, is losing at Washington State at halftime.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Apparently they need to make it so there isn't an edge on the outside of Wazzu's court anymore, because three of its starters have rolled ankles on it tonight.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Methinks UCLA might be about to run away with this one, unless the Cougars get real hot soon.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks ondeadline. I miss her a lot on ESPN News. But, as long as Michelle Bonner, Dana Jacobson, and Cindy Brunson are strutting around Bristol, I'm happy.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Haven't seen Hoo around these parts lately, but ... ugh, congrats. Fuck, UVa is good at home.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

OK, so now that the Tar Heels and Gators have gone in the tank following Wisconsin's two-loss, injury-riddled week, who would the No. 1 seeds be at this moment?

9. OK. Oz, Kansas can be one of them...for now.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I wonder how much consideration Southern Illinois will get for a 1-seed, particularly if you get a lot of upset winners in the major conference tourneys.

My four right now: UCLA, Kansas, Ohio State, Texas A&M (double OT loss at Texas doesn't hurt as badly as other teams' losses).

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I just didn't want to be the first one to say it, for obvious fanboy looser reasons. ;)

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

There's no worse matchup in the Pac-10 -- and probably the nation -- for Wazzu than UCLA. The teams are eerily similar in style and try to do the same thing to their opponents, only UCLA does it with much better athletes.

Draft saved Draft deleted