1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

UCLA down 48-32 at Washington? Really? That Bruin offense has vanished today, much like it did at Wazzu two nights ago.

EDIT -- So much for that. UCLA is on a 14-2 run, closing to 50-46 with five minutes to play.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If in 10 or 11 days Winthrop plays like it did today, they'll be on the wrong side of a first round blowout.

No way a 10-18 VMI should hang with a team like Winthrop. Especially on the Eagles' floor.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Anybody catch the Nova-Cuse ending? That was perhaps the worst intentional foul call ever. Fortunately karma (or the old school unis) stepped in for the Cats.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Bradley and SIU is in a good one in St. Louis.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Wow! SIU pulls one out of their asses and fend off Bradley, 53-51.

Arch Madness. You know you want it.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That makes me sad. I sort of wished Bradley would be SIU and give Mo State an easier win tomorrow if they can get past Creighton.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Missouri tied with A&M at the half? What the hell?

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

60-55 Michigan with about 4 minutes to go.
    (C. Simms will be at the line for one)

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Arizona and Stanford into overtime after the Cardinal hit a crazy ass shot to tie, and Zona's last second shot went off the rim.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Missouri didn't disappoint me. They were tied at halftime, but are now down by 20. I had faith they would eventually fall behind. I do have hope for Anderson, though. I think he can do a lot for the team after he gets a chance to really recruit.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wow does Michigan suck.

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Aaaaaand another generation of young writers gets bad advice from ESPN. The WWL just put up a graphic about Texas' performance, and the header was, "A Tale of Two Halves."

Why do I see an argument with a stringer in my future involving his/her use of the term? ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted