1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for a Duke comeback (did I just say that?) because I would love to see both Duke and the Tar Heels have to play on the first day of the ACC Tournament. That would be hilarious.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Damn, did you see Hansborough get nailed on that play? Holy shit, I could hear that thud on the floor!

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Tyler Hansborough, you just got KTFO.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That was a brutal hit.

5. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

1. What is Hansbrough still doing in the game?

2. Packer is an idiot. There is no way that wasn't intentional from Henderson.

3. Will he get a suspension for the 1st round of the ACC Tournament?
    3A. Should he?

EDIT: Never mind question 3.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And now they ejected Henderson. Absolutely brutal hit. Billy Packer, you can't sell me on the argument that contact was an accident.

7. WS

WS Member

Billy Packer's the dumbest dumbass I've ever heard. I wish they'd force him out.

You can't throw an elbow in there with that much force. Got ejected, a suspension and he deserved every bit of it. He didn't appear to argue it either.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Nantz was told it was a combative foul (WTF?). Hansborough was in the game because he was on the line shooting FT's. He missed his second and went for the rebound when Henderson came in with that elbow. I could have sworn he used his fist to knock him out.

Packer should look at it this way for Henderson. Henderson was ejected to protect him for any retaliation from the Carolina bench and the fans. In a odd way, the refs were saving his ass and get him off the floor before it got any worse.

Regardless, that was a (very) hard foul.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Holy schamoly, ODU, can you suck any more tonight pls.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

During the scrum at the end of the Clemson-VT game, the clock STOPPED and then started again. They made the correct decision to take two seconds off the clock. Purnell thought maybe the game should have been over. He may have been right.
    Whether Hamilton walked or not, I can't say.
    Tech had numerous chances to take control after rallying from its dismal start and couldn't. Not a very inspiring performance.

Gary Williams is ACC coach of the year, and Headbutt didn't pay me to say that. That team was dead in the water at 2-5 and now it is the team no one wants to play. Leitao had a chance to wrap up No. 1 and couldn't. Greenberg had two chances and couldn't.

Can Thornton be POY from the ninth seed?

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Karl Hess lives. Nice schnoz on Hansbrough.

[​IMG]

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Karl Hess blessed the officials before the Tech/Clemson game. That's my explanation.

Gary has done an amazing job the last few weeks. I still might lean towards Greenberg or the guy in Charlottesville considering the Hoos were picked to finish 8th and Tech should never ever finish that high in the standings. I'm not sure you can go wrong with either of those three though.

How does Thornton stack up against Dudley? I don't know the stats, but the fact that BC lost their big man inside and still finished with a bye till Friday has to say something good about Dudley. Singletary is in the mix, as is Hansbrough if you ask me.

Draft saved Draft deleted