1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not intentional, I agree, but it sure seems like he went up with the idea to create a hard foul, to sneak in a cheap shot. It just ended up being far worse than Henderson might have thought it would.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hard foul and cheap shot are not the same thing, Oz.
    The result was far worse than the intent, in my opinion.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Geez, Hansbrough is like a hockey player. Now Roy Williams is saying that Hansbrough injured a tooth earlier in the game and will probably need a root canal after the season.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yeah, jumping in the middle of players with your elbows flying sure doesn't appear to be intentional, a hard foul, or a cheap shot. ::)

The game was over, I agree with K on that, but his guys were still playing entirely too physical for a game that he believed to be "over".

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Call me a fanboy if you will, but Tennessee being 31st in the coaches’ poll is an absolute joke. Look at the schedule (1-3 without Lofton), look at the RPI, look at the out of conference wins, look at the 10-6 SEC record. And the Vols killed Florida last week.

Ridiculous. Pearl will never get votes from his peers because of the Illinois thing.

RPI is 6 according to realtimerpi.com, with wins over 8, 9, 12 and Texas. And they lost in the final seconds at the No. 1 team in the country, Ohio State.

It’s OK. They’ll still be about a 4-5 seed if they win one game in the SECT. Maybe a 6.

6. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

New unis for Syracuse, Florida, Ohio State, Arizona.

http://men.style.com/news/style/030507

Complete disaster.

Apologies if this was already posted, but I didn't see it.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good thing Oliver Miller or Jeff Graves didn't have to wear those jerseys.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Those are gauche.

Maybe I was on crack in my teenage years, but I thought NC State tried an Lycra one-piece uniform with baggier shorts to cover up down below.

I was thinking this happened around or shortly after the Vinny Del Negro era down in Raliegh.

Was this a bad dream?

9. ondeadline

Any uniform that covers the knees challenges the use of the term "shorts."

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I think the proper term for those are manpris.

11. You weren't on crack. I'm not sure the year, but it was during the mid to late 1980s. They were unitards. They weren't meant to be worn with shorts, but the players refused to wear them without shorts. It would have been like playing basketball in a wrestling singlet. It lasted for a game or two.

12. ondeadline

The day that the Wolfpack played a home game in the unitards was the day the contents of the book "Personal Fouls" came out.

Draft saved Draft deleted