1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Amaechi loved the unitard.

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

God, I guess I have to agree with Packer, which I try never to do. I didn't see the game, but watching it on YouTube, I cannot see how Henderson could have delivered a blow like that intentionally at the angle his body was at. Dunno, maybe I am missing something.

3. I don't like Billy Packer either and I dislike Duke, but I agree. If I'm going up to hurt somebody, I'm not twisting my body like he was doing right as his arm came down. I'm going straight at him. I'm not going to catch him with a glancing blow with my forearm (the damage was bad, but Henderson didn't hit him straight on). I was always told that when you know you're going to foul somebody, their hand better still be stinging when they get to the free throw line. I think that's what happened. He wanted Hansborough to feel it when he got to the line. It just went wrong.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup, bad uniforms. Worse writer.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Ding, ding, ding.

Henderson was meaning to do nothing more than block a shot. He got Hansbrough's nose.

What was Hansbrough still doing in the game, anyway?

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Gonzaga wins WCC again and the University of San Diego, which lost to the Zags in the semifinals, might be looking for a new head coach. Brad Holland has been at USD for 13 years and is currently on an 0-11 slide against the Zags. Holland reportedly has a year left on his deal, but there's a story in the San Diego Union-Tribune today that he might be let go. Any thoughts from SoCal hoops fans?

7. Still playing. As Forde pointed out, K was still competing, having called a timeout.
    Henderson tried to hurt him. Period.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

It would be a pretty dumb move. How much below their standard do they think they are performing? Second program in their own city and that ain't gonna change ... ever. The risk-reward scenarios seem pretty dubious. If they are willing to pay big money like San Francisco did to get Jessie Evans, it would make sense, otherwise the move could send them the other direction in a hurry.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Why is Wright State hosting Butler? Is Wright State really a higher seed?

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Didn't Wright State win the Horizon?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thank you for answering my question on every thread I ask it.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Go ask it on another thread. I dare you.

Draft saved Draft deleted