1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What Fenian said.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I went to camp with the guy, John Simonds, who started that whole mess.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No way. Gerald Henderson likely would have had a clenched fist extended if the intent was to injure. You don't think Karl Hess would have loved to dole out more punishment? Ask Headbutt ... I don't like Hess, but I've almost had to defend the guy to keep Headbutt from further flogging him verbally.

Tyler Hansbrough has been a champ through this. Let me put it this way: If Duke and Henderson had really meant to do this to deliver a message, don't you think Mike Krzyzewski would have found someone bigger, more physical and much less important to the team? Of course, Gerald Henderson has a long, long way to go to be anywhere near Johnny Dawkins, but his offense has been something Duke has sorely needed given its shooting woes.

But if going after Hansbrough were Duke's idea, why not Brian Zoubek (7-1 guy who plays some defense, but is there primarily to keep opposing post players from abusing Josh McRoberts)?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Why does it have to be Duke's idea? Why can't it just be Henderson's the moment he saw Hansbrough go up, in a moment of frustration where he decided to make a hard foul?

5. Sam Mills 51

Perhaps it was. Funny how we've heard next to nothing from Wayne Ellington, who's friends with Henderson. He could help shed some light on this, but I suspect Chapel Hill's people have kinda gagged him.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I have just one question as I watch the first day of the Big East Tournament: Why is the cast from You Got Served scatting about wearing Big East Tourney Teams' jerseys?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Dancing to B-Real, no less. That song is already on my nerves, and I'm a huge Cypress Hill fan.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Washington sure isn't playing like it needs to, if it wants to win four in a row and make the Dance.

9. Can someone tell me why I'm watching this Godawful Washington-ASU game?

10. Sam Mills 51

Because Herb Sendek is in a better place? (Long term, anyway ... )

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Georgetown leads Villanova 26-2 to start the Big East quarters today. Hardly the way for a bubble team to make an impression.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey, the better Georgetown looks, the better ODU looks (and the worse Nova looks, the worse Drexel looks). Conference pride only goes so far.

Draft saved Draft deleted