1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Horrible shot by UCLA to end regulation. Would the Bruins lose a No. 1 seed if they lose this game? Few No. 1 seeds ever enter the tournament on a two-game losing streak.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Only if Florida and UNC win their conference tournaments. Right now it's kind of hard to pick four more deserving 1 seeds than UCLA, especially since either Ohio St. or Wisconsin (or both) are going to lose.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Though they probably wouldn't lose first round of their conference tournaments. I'm not sure what to think about the Bruins anymore. They fall into the same category as the Gators for me.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

But UCLA was the most secure top seed of the bunch. Now, not so much, but they have a little more wiggle room than say Wisconsin.

Maybe it's time to think about Memphis?

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

When you lose your last game before the NCAA tournament to a team that, before the game, had a losing record, it can not help UCLA get a No. 1 seed.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Ordinarily, yes. But this is a year where nobody acts like they want to be a 1 seed. Florida lost three of four but they're back in the mix. Kansas and Ohio State are the closest things to No. 1 locks, and if they lost early, who knows? Florida, UNC, Memphis, Wisconsin, Texas A&M and Georgetown are all still in the mix, I think.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

So the Henderson suspension WAS for the ACC tournament. :)

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

N.C. State, for at least tonight, I love you.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

A few observations:

1. Edgar Sosa is Spanish for Tyus Edny
    2. Something tells me that Saint Louis may knock off Xavier for the A-10 title. If that's the case, I'm not sure the Musketeers get an at-large bid
    3. Does UCLA's loss pave the way for Duke to get a No. 1 seed?

10. billikens

billikens Member

you are my new all-time favorite poster.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Your boys beat the X-men earlier this year, so I know they're plenty capable. Plus I gotta give some love to an old school Metro and C-USA rival.

Is there a Diener on the Billikens this year?

12. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

After a painful night, that made me laugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted