1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. billikens

billikens Member

as a matter of fact, there was a Diener on the women's team this year. i had a class with one of the dieners. he didn't seem too bright, but he was a nice guy.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You're welcome. The only time(s) I cheer against Duke and it works.

The NCSU women knock Duke from the ranks of the unbeaten last Saturday, and now this. Mom, a Duke alum, will never talk to me again. :)

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Three consecutive defeats is not exactly the best way to go into the NCAA tournament, is it Krzyzewski?

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Sam, this is one of the only nights in my life that I will ever cheer for N.C. State. Go Pack...and thanks for taking down the Dukies.

5. Sam Mills 51

Glad to help. Now to see if the 'Hoos start acting schizo ... need Hokie and a little extra backing ...

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Fixed.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I don't expect my uncle (another Duke alum) to email me tomorrow. He isn't one of the Duke Vitale kool-aid drinking fools, but he's smart enough to know if Duke is good or not year in and year out. He said that Duke isn't going very far in the Dance. 2nd round at best.

8. D-3 Fan

Alabama is who we are thought they were...fucking schizo. Gottfried is horrible when it comes to them playing down the stretch every year.

Methinks he should be on the hot seat and not Tubby ;)

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Not the case though. Alabama fans' standards aren't the same as Kentucky fans.

10. Sam Mills 51

I'm convinced almost no one cares about basketball in Tuscaloosa. I don't remember much buzz about the Tide when they were Top 10. Someone's going to be outraged now?

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Dear Georgia Tech and Wake Forest,

You can both kiss my ass.

12. D-3 Fan

True, then again Gottfried isn't the football coach...

Wonder if Mal Moore still would have fired Shula if he was coaching the hoops team?

Draft saved Draft deleted