1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose college basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 11, 2006.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bucky Waters, former coach at West Virginia (late 60s) and Duke (early 70s) has been one of the best color guys for years but doesn't get much major work any more

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

The Great Danes of Albany win America East 60-59 .. Vermont fucks up 30-second final possession with TO is last 3 seconds

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

YEAHHHHHHH!!!!
    GREAT DANES!!!!!!!!!

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I hope Albany gets a 16 seed.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Few more observations:

1. Looks like the A-10 will only get one team. I don't think Xavier will get an at large bid.
    2. At least one team from the SEC West will get an at-large bid, taking it away from a more deserving mid-major (like Drexel)
    3. If Georgetown wins tonight, it deserves a No. 2 seed. Few teams have been playing as well of late.
    4. Turns out I was right about Texas A&M choking -- does that make me clairvoyant?

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

Who cares what seed, my alma mater is big dance bound again.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

North Carolina is intense and hustling for loose balls better than it has for weeks.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

A. Xavier is in
    B. Nobody from the SEC West deserves to be in
    C. Georgetown is a very dangerous team, definitely a 2-seed and a Final Four possiblility
    D. Doesn't take special powers to know A&M would choke.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Albany is in the top 100 in RPI... could actually be a 14 seed.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

Jamar Wilson is a player.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I don't think the X-men's victories over Illinois and Villanova (top 30 RPI) can counter some really, really bad losses -- Cincy, Duquense, St. Joe's and Bucknell (at home). None of those teams are in the top 75.

I agree with you that no SEC West team deserves a bid, but I'll bet they get one.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Arkansas doesn't deserve a bid? I don't know if I could pull the trigger on them, but they're in the SEC final, they own a win over Southern Illinois and they entered the tournament with a top 50 RPI. Is it a terribly sexy resume? Not particularly, but at some point the "SEC finalist" argument is going to rear its head, and it's not a bad one.

Xavier's got a top-30 RPI, a good record against top 50 and top 100 in the RPI and a shitload of wins. They're in unless their coach has rude sex with all the mothers of the tournament selection committee members this weekend and posts pictures on his MySpace.

Draft saved Draft deleted