1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[lange]AHHHHHHHHHHHH Never teach a pig to sing[/lange]

Malkin from Crosby.

They're pretty good. ;D

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Holy shit.
    Jordan Staal scores a shorty.
    And then does it again (this time on a penalty shot that caught post and bounced in off Norrena).

He's making it tough to send him down.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Leafs lose in a shootout to the Rangers. Shanahan scores the game winning goal.

Bob Cole says, "Why didn't you do that for me in Nagano?". Pretty classless

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Quality company Malkin's keeping:

Malkin, the highly touted Russian rookie, scored on a wrist shot midway through the third period to put Pittsburgh ahead 4-2 and become the first player to score in his first three NHL games since Jan Caloun did it for the San Jose Sharks in 1995-96.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I think we have seen the last of Jose Theodore, #1 goaltender.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

God bless Yahoo!

They're Webcasting games for free, usually one about every other night. I'm sitting at my desk, watching the CBC feed of Edmonton-Detroit. Kick ass.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

No shit. Second greatest thing in the world ... with No. 1 being Center Ice on DirecTV/digital cable.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

A great night for Sheldon Souray, though. He's all the way back.

Agreed. Shanny should have come back with, "why didn't you retire already?"

Speaking of Shanny, the CP story after the game called him "the Mimico Marvel." That must be the coolest thing for people who live there, because who outside that general area would even know where Mimico is if not for him? I mean, it's not like very many people know where New Toronto or Long Branch are anymore, and they're right there next to Mimico.

10. North61

North61 Member

I have a question for you guys -

I'm thinking about giving up my current job as a preps/designer/main beat writer for a local junior A team to take another job at a mid sized paper (50,000 circ weekday) in a hockey city (which includes college) as a sports page designer.

I love covering the junior team but covering the HS stuff, working for small paper and all the problems that come with it are starting to become a real drag (though I do have a season media pass to cover an NHL club - maybe 10 games per season).

If I move on as the designer, I'm doubling my salary.

It's a tough decision because in the end I'd like to A. Write hockey at the collegiate or NHL level or B. Work for a professional team. I think if I take the designer job, I'm killing that dream.

Your thoughts?

11. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Jordan Staal has scored three goals so far in his young career. All three have been shorties.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Dude, I think you mean Jordan Staal. Eric's got a few more than three!

In other news, Bobby Clarke resigns and Ken Hitchcock fired in Philly:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2634817

Draft saved Draft deleted