1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

If Rory Fitzpatrick doesn't make the all-star game, the bloody thing is a joke. :D

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Double J, the thing is a joke anyway and has been since the Stanley Cup champs played the all-stars from the rest of the league.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

I know, that's why I laughed.

I also find humour in that so many people have been treating the game like some sacred event ever since the Rory campaign broke. Shit, if nothing else, having him in the game might actually make it watchable, kinda like the year Brad Marsh played and actually scored a frigging goal!! ;D

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that the first of nine regular season games will be on NBC starting Saturday.

I'll be watching Hockey Day in Canada on CBC but I'm gonna flip over just to see Brett Hull.
    Guy could be the Don Cherry of U.S. hockey broadcasts. Here's hopin'

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Brett Hull spent a few minutes offering insights into the NHL and NHL on NBC last night at MSG.

Sam Rosen suggested that the Rangers needed to do something to get back into the game and Hull said something along the lines of, "Well, Adam Hall is on the power play." Later Hull said Brendan Shanahan needs a better centerman than Matt Cullen.

It's going to be fun listening to Bobby Hull's kid.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

What's up with there being only three games on a Friday night?

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I know, it's not like the NHL is competing with anything tonight either

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

They're saving it up for "Hockey Day in Canada" tomorrow. :D

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

21 minutes into Hockey Day In Canada, and it's amongst the greatest things I've ever seen.

10. ondeadline

I get Dish Network and it is offering one channel devoted to HDIC. Good stuff.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Hockey on NBC. It's about time that started up.

12. ondeadline

Don't look now, but the Canes are surging and can pull within two points of the Thrashers with a victory tonight. Atlanta is looking for its first win of the season against Carolina.

Draft saved Draft deleted