1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Am watching Hockey Day in Canada. Pretty good so far.

The St. Mike's Arena, despite all the tradition and history, is a dump. Huggy maintains however they have the best hot dogs in the Ontario Hockey League.

Amazing--fourteen St. Mike's grads are in the HHOF.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Atlanta dominated the Devils for two periods last night, but ran into Marty Brodeur. Devils scored two goals in the third, winning 2-1.

On a completely unrelated note, I become irrationally angry whenever that goddamn John Mellancamp Chevy commercial comes on. However, it's cool to see footage of Bobby Orr, even if it is only for a couple of seconds.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Would a Hockey Day In America be a good way to introduce the sport to American youth and the ignorant?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jesus, you'd put the country to sleep. :)

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

In a freakin' heartbeat. ;)

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

On NBC's score strip at the top, why is there an clear block on the right side and what is it for?

Is there HDIC programming from CBC right now? On the Dish channel set aside for it, it says that HDIC programming will resume at 4:30.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HDIC will be back after the Sens/Habs game.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

God damn you. I didn't even notice until I read this. And now I can't look away.

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

sorry for the double-up, but I gotta say, I've tried to give it time, I've tried to get into it, but I can't find the individual shift timer anything but ridiculous. When they pop it up and show the total time on ice for a few seconds, that's valuable, but leaving "Chara :33, :34, :35, :36" up for a minute and a half does absolutely nothing for me.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Being a Bruin fan is like the absolute opposite of being a Red Sox fan.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Yeah but losing to the Rangers isn't as bad as losing to the Yankees. Admit it. :D

12. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I dunno. I hate losing to the Yankees more because I can't wear a Sox hat anywhere without someone trying to commiserate with me for weeks afterward. But the Rangers are not a good hockey club. They're OK, but not good. It's not fun to see your team look outmatched by the Rangers, I gotta tell ya.

Draft saved Draft deleted