1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Some random thoughts from the NBC games because the friggin' Habs-Sens game was not on the package [/he says, grumbling]

Rangers played very well in the second, and held on in the third. Lundqvist was very good when he had to be. They still need to find a set-up man for Shanahan and Prucha on the second line. Matt Cullen is not suited for that role. He should be on a checking line with Jed Ortmeyer and Blair Betts.

Pens-Flyers: Pens win 5-3 in a rather chippy game. Why does Hatcher receive minutes in a skating league? He can't keep up with anyone. Malkin's speed and vision led to the Staal's game-winning goal. It's got to suck to be Ruttu; Clement, Hull and Ferrarro were in agreement that he should not be in the league and that if the instigator penalty wasn't around, he'd have his ass handed to him.

Blues-Kings: Both teams could use goaltending, no? Blues have been playing good hockey in the last couple of weeks.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

They're better than the Bruins (ducks!)

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Dead to me.

Wait, you're right. Dammit.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Didn't see the game, but Ruttu is a decent player. The Canucks lost alot of their attitude when he left - by attitude I mean their aggressiveness willingness to get involved in the rough and tough games. Ruttu's an instigator, they've been around for years, but I'll tell you this just about every team that's been worth a damn has at least one and Ruttu is far from the worst in the league right now – Sean Avery has that title.

Kings are in desperate need of a 'tender, although Mathieu Garon has been playing decent of late. The BLues are fine in net with Manny Legace, Sanford and Bacashua (sp?). Legace especially has been playing real good of late.

5. Clement, Hull and Ferraro are clueless about today's game. Ferraro is the tv analyst for the Edmonton Oilers, so he's going to be biased towards Ruutu and Hull will say anything to be edgy and controversial.

Fact is, those idiots wanted someone to go after Gagne after Crosby was getting mauled by Zhitnik and who else did they expect to do the dirty work?

It was a dirty game the refs let get out of hand and could only imagine if this was 5 years ago how ugly it could have become. Forsberg and Gagne better keep their heads up next time against Pittsburgh.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Leaf fans cheered the Canucks during Vancouver's 6-1 thrashing of Toronto at the ACC tonight.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Don Cherry is wearing the single brightest suit I've ever seen.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HB, there's lots of Canucks fans in Toronto.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I did not know that...

And Adam Graves is on HDIC! Yeah, Gravvy!

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Raycroft shit the bed tonight. God, Toronto has our own Patrick Lalime.

This is a game the Leafs needed to win. Outshot the Canucks something like 14-3 in the first and it was tied

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

It's rather chippy in Alberta tonight...

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Even as an Oilers fan, I think Ferraro is terrible. I have no idea how he keeps getting these good gigs.

Draft saved Draft deleted