1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Ondeadline beat me to it, but yeah, Clarke's out, Hitchcock is out and I sure hope the Flyers can't recover!!!

2. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Ho. Lee. Fuck.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Okay, I fully admit that I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning for my brain to be functional....

I just did a little looking around on the Yahoo NHL page, and I don't see anything for these free broadcasts. How do I find them? Is there a schedule?

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

On their main schedule page, there should be a link that says "watch live" next to the link to the live boxscore. Or, if you are on the game page, the link will be next to the links for "preview" and boxscore.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Thank you! :D

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

From the TSN story:

Oh yeah. Nothing but stability.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Was there really a need to fire Hitch?

8. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

A lot of the problems weren't totally his doing (see the Hatcher and Rathje signings) but I think so. He was losing the younger players that should be the nucleus for years to come. The same thing happened to Justin Williams and look how well he turned out in Carolina after getting out from Hitch.

Carter, Richards, etc. played for Stevens the past few years in the AHL and won the Calder Cup during the lockout year.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Are you really killing the dream, or are you just putting it on hold for a year or two? Nobody says you have to work as a designer forever, right?

But if the design job really will be a dead end, you have to ask yourself which is more important -- the money or the dream.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Hitch is not a guy who develops young talent, he's a guy who can take developed talent to the promised land. he's a hell of a coach and if I had a veteran squad looking for a cup run, he jumps to the front of my list.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The obly thing better than watching that game streaming on line was watching it on TV – only able to catch the third period, but what a third period, great goal by Sykora and then another one by Lupol. Anyone still doubting the Oil?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Any of the Leafs fans/writers on here want to chime in with how they think Johnny Pohl is doing for Toronto thus far?

Probably my favorite Gopher, and a genuinely nice guy to boot.

Draft saved Draft deleted