1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR - Did you happen to see the wicked slash to Crosby's left hand or the cross-check on Malkin by McCabe? He's getting his arse handed to him because of the pressure and his countless turnovers, so he resorts to cheap shots.

Green went to the faceoff circle with one intention, drop the gloves.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Type,
    Yeah, I saw it. So what? It wasn't goonery, it was frustration. McCabe's worth about a quarter of what he's being paid.

And Travis Green is about as much as a goon as John Pohl.

It's nothing about nothing.

3. Anyways, let's talk about the All-Star game.

I'm pretty sure everyone wants to see Crosby and Ovechkin but who should be the third wheel after Briere gets the deserving boot from the line? Deserving as in he's an older 2nd tier 'star'.

Hopefully Lindy Ruff goes with the following lines.
    1st: Ovechkin - Crosby - Hossa - Bouwmeester - Campbell
    2nd: Shanahan - Lecavalier - St. Louis - Chara - Kaberle
    3rd: Gagne - Briere - Heatley - Souray - Rafalski
    4th: Blake - Staal - Williams

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

While there will be Ducks playing in the All-Star Game, I notice the Ducks are off now until Jan. 28 when they host Dallas.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Great, the All-Star Game is on some obscure friggin' network and I'm not going to be able to see it. :mad:

EDIT: Although NHL.com at least has streaming audio, if I'm that interested. :-\

6. Anyone with a connection to the front office in Phoenix may want to check-in with Barnett about a deal involving the Coyotes and Pittsburgh Penguins. Pens are apparently after George Laraque and earlier this year, I heard the Yotes were inquiring on the availability of Ryan Malone.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

As someone else posted on the Parcells "retirement" thread, it sucks that the guy announces his decision just as the NHL's All-Star festivities are underway. Media is likely to be talking up Parcells as much as the NHL in Dallas.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

True, but at least the NHL can boast of those packed houses in Chicago when the Jackets and Preds are in town over and over and over again. Who wants to see Crosby or Ovechkin, anyway. ::)

Of course, Wirtz favors the present arrangement since he saves on air fare.

10. People are looking at the schedule the wrong way. They need to reduce the amount of games to 74-76.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, as if the owners will give up revenue from 3 or 4 home games.

But I agree. 74 would be about right.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not only that, but the NHL brainiacs decided to try to compete with American Idol. (Like they didn't know AI would be part of the January sked ::) )

Draft saved Draft deleted