1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

My God. They're not even pretending to play defense. I'll take the over, whatever it is.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

East scores on the rare 3-on-none. The 2-on-none was stopped, but the third guy (sitting too far from the TV to see who) poked in the rebound.

3. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I like Malkin's impression of Brett Hull.

4. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Andrej Meszaros.

(We can now all add him in our fantasy leagues.)

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm not sure, but I think that was just a 4-on-1.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Apparently, Oilers chairman Cal Nichols ripped Bettman today for lack of leadership on the schedule issue. He said something along the lines of, "When enough teams want this and your fans do too, you have an obligation to make it happen."

I saw Bettman's quotes after the announcement, and they were along the lines of, "Well, I report to these guys, so what can I do?" Yikes. His old boss and good buddy will soon disown him. However, it's obvious that some of Bettman's real loyalists -- Lamoriello, Snider, Anschutz -- want the schedule to stay the same, and Bettman won't alienate those guys, they were some of his biggest supporters during the lockout.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You've got to cut the league some slack on this one. The schedule is only 82 games. Tough to get to every arena when you're limited to that number of games. I mean, it's not like the NBA plays the same number of games and makes it to every .... um ...

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And now Kari Lehtonen thinks he's the Amazing Skating Goalie.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Can't believe my boy Wolski didn't score.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Malkin kept off the scoresheet?!?

11. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

It be nice if the PA announcer in Dallas actually new how to pronounce some of the players names.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, that sounds familiar. I think I heard that somewhere before. :D ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted