1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Garner

Garner Member

I just think professionalism is the main difference between the CBC broadcast and Versus. Everyone behind a mic at CBC is trained as a broadcaster, other than Doc you've got Clement (player), Olczyk (player), Engblom (player), Messier (player), Jones (player) then you've got Craig Simpson's sister and Bob Harwood (the worst sideline reporter ever) down on ice level. As a hockey fan, it's just embarrassing.

You guys get Bettman and Colin Campbel up there, probably Bill Daly, Saskin, and discussion concerning current events and issues relating to the game. We get Chuck Norris, Edge, and interviews with players who speak broken, robotic english like Ovechkin, Crosby and Huet. Why oh why won't Center Ice give us the CBC feed??

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The really frightening part is that Edge is the most natural around a live microphone out of the group you listed.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You know what would have made that spot with Ovechkin and Lays? Sunday night, around 8:45 P.M. on NBC.

4. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

The "goalie-mic" with Turco is great stuff. Too bad they would never do that during a real game.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Any minute now. Crosby will be picking up his first point any minute now.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It was hilarious when Turco was in the middle of answering a question and he had to play the puck behind the net and had to say, "wait a minute."

Then, later, saying all he had to do is let in another goal to get the win. And he soon did.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

“There were 21 goals, you think I would have had one,” Crosby said, jokingly. “I guess it wasn’t meant to be. I had a few chances, it just didn’t work out.”

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's an exhibition, safe to say he was going to get chances. A lot of them.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

"They're fuckin' horrible looking!!"

"Well, don't look at me. It's McGrath's deal, not mine."

"McGrath and his shitty PR schemes. I hate that cheap little bastard."

"Mac, I want you to have a heart attack and die so that we never have to do this shit again. You and your fucking fashion shows."

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm not impressed with the sweaters. Obviously, Baby Jesus has to say nice things - big endorsement deal - but somehow I have to believe that not that many of them think this is much of an improvement.

I loved the Norris joke, but no telling how many heads that joke sailed over ... and I'm probably nowhere near the old hockey fan as many on this board.

Of course, I saw just enough of the first part of the game for both Hurricanes to score before deadline beckoned.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'm gonna flash'em, Joe.

No, you're not.

I'm gonna open up this faggot robe and wiggle my dick at em. And do you know why? Because I want you to have a heart-attack and die so we don't have to do this shit anymore. You and your fucking fashion shows.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

They brought their toys with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted