1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Absolutely, I think even Doug Weight absurdly gets booed when he comes back to town. Nothing like a good grudge on a hometown boy. ;) But if you think this is bad, Pronger will get it it twice as bad, as hard as that is to imagine, even he knows he is bumping Comrie from role of Public Enemy Number One.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, when's Pronger in town. That should be REAL funny.

But Comrie's happy.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

How is it so many guys have been able to leave Edmonton in such bad taste? Comrie was a spoiled brat, though, and probably deserves the boos. Ah screw it, so does Pronger.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Some of them I have a hard time figuring out – like Weight – but others like COmrie and Pronger would probably be booed in any town had they left it in similar fashion.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Careerwise, it was probably the best thing he did. Too much pressure on him as the local golden boy.

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr R,

If I can move in next door to Ignatieff, I'm there.

YHS, etc

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And in other news (I haven't seen a story), Felix Potvin just announced his retirement at 35.

Was a hometown hero back in the 90's era. Great acrobatic goalie who had the demeanour of a Trappist Monk. Was in net for Game 7 against the Kings.

Also (one of my favourite goalie fights of all time) pounded the crap out of Ron Hextall. Hextall skated down the length of the ice and Potvin proceeded nail him with about three lefts. Hextall had blood all over his face.

Someone said (Huggy?) that The Cat had quite the reputation in the QMJHL as a fighter.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I read somewhere this weekend that Potvin was the last active regular player form the Leafs team that lost to LA in the Western Conference final. So much for that.

And JR, I believe it was Mr. Friend O' who enlightened us on Potvin's fistic prowess which I believe he said was well deserved from his youth. And he shit kicked Hextall.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

"Keep the mask on boys. Keep your masks on!"

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mustard. Good clip of that fight. Loved the reaction from the Leafs bench.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Weight served a fair bit of time and did quite a bit for that organization. Considering the ring he now gets to wear, I'm sure he can handle the odd catcall or two.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

It took me forever to realize that the other, non-Harry Neale voice was that of Jiggs McDonald.

Draft saved Draft deleted