1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Edmonton looked terrific last night. Cujo should retire.

HOWEVER

No one is going to beat Buffalo. No one.

Early season prediction: Sharks vs Sabres in Final. Sabres in 6.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Damien Cox talks about the demise of fighting in the NHL, particularly with the Leafs, who have always prided themselves on having an enforcer around.

http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/2006/10/evolution_and_o.html

Nothing new here but Cox adds this little shot to the readers at the end of his blog:

Note to blog readers: Before the quick-witted send their usual emails, I know, I know, I should really go cover figure skating or ballet and must own my own copy of Brokeback Mountain. Try to come up with something a little more interesting this time around).

3. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

http://post-gazette.com/pg/06297/732432-61.stm

Malkin will play on Crosby's line tonight against New Jersey.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Haven't read that particular article yet, but also notable is Jordan Staal being promoted to Malkin's old spot (at least according to a bunch of things I've seen today). He might stick around after all.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

On the one hand, that's funny as hell. But on the other, is it slightly unprofessional?

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

There's a great new "This is my Sportscentre" commercial on TSN featuring all three of the NHL Staals.

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

any idea where that is online?

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Well, it is a blog.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I don't, sorry. I looked at TSN's website but didn't see a link. Hopefully someone will put it on YouTube.

Not every blog is unprofessional, nor is every blogger. Please don't generalize.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Just as Phil Borque (radio color guy) was about to say he liked Malkin centering the No.2 line better than playing LW on the No. 1 line, Malkin makes a brilliant pass to Crosby for a goal.

Edit: Now Jordan Staal scores again. Looking like kid's going to have to stay with the big club.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Good points, Js. I was going to ask if you should abandon all manner of professionalism on a blog, but you answered me. Thanks. ;)

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

The way I see it, a journalist's blog can be just the same as a column that is posted online. You can be irreverent, but there are lines that you should avoid crossing, just as you would if you were writing for print.

At least that's the way I'm approaching it. I understand that not every blogger follows the accepted rules but, let's face it, not every print or broadcast journalist does either.

Draft saved Draft deleted