1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And the Leafs are getting their asses kicked 5-0 and it's not even halfway through the second.

Well, who cares?

Ottawa will do their choking dog thing in the playoffs.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Game time but I have to go retro. Flames are on PPV and radio. It's AM for me!

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

SCRATCH MY BACK WITH A HACKSAW!!!!!!

Radio guys going positively nuts. Malkin with a brilliant goal. Can't wait to see it on the DVR.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

My point was that they tend to be less formal and professional than print columns. That's all.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Brodeur on Malkin's goal:

“Pretty amazing,” he said. “It was a great pass, but there’s not too many guys who can control that and after that, have the presence to outmuscle a guy and shift when a guy is trying to take your head off. I thought I had it the whole way, he had nowhere to go, and he just stopped and went right around me with his reach.”

And ESPN's got video if you click the game story.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

What an awesome goal. Almost as awesome -- Brodeur's frankness about how it happened. I love hockey players for their ability (and frequent willingness) to tell it like it is.

Another nice goal as Staal finishes off a nice tic-tac-toe play for his fourth goal of the season. No way is he going down if he keeps this up.

Chris Neil with a goal and an assist. Nice going, pal. :)

And did Patrick Eaves ever get tuned by Darcy Tucker. Ho Lee Shit. Expect Sideshow Bob to have to say hello to either Neil or Brian McGrattan in the rematch.

7. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Dare I say it, Malkin's goal was very Lemieuxesque.

8. JR -- Murdering Postseason Suspense Since 2006.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Eaves didn't really have any interest in fighting Tucker, who should have got an instigator.

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Dude, you aren't the only one describing it as such. I heard some sports anchors use that exact term to describe it last night. I saw it. I agree.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Watched it on the TSN highlight reel (tsn.ca).

The goal was great but the Baby Jesus's reaction after the goal was something else.

You'd think Malkin had just scored the OT winner in Game Seven.

Pittsburgh's playing in Buffalo next month. We're there.

Draft saved Draft deleted