1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Got it right now with no problems.

Try this link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore?gid=2006102505

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think they black it out in the local markets. I can't get the Sharks-Wings game on Yahoo, but of course, I get the Fox Sports Detroit channel.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

When will the farce that is the sellout streak at Joe Louis Arena end? Empty seats everywhere.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Damn good not-exactly-Original Six game tonight:

Canes 5, Thrashers 4 (OT)

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

They have tickets. They are just in the Olympia Club or Hockeytown Cafe, drinking and watching the game on TV, instead of cheering from the stands.

6. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

There's a reason they call it a sell-out instead of a sit-out.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

There was some amazing goalie play for a game with nine goals. What a nice move by Babchuk on the OT game-winner. And remember that the Canes won the last meeting on a goal in the LAST SECOND. Mark next Wednesday on your calendar: they play again in Atlanta.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Someone told me so long as it's just single tickets available, they still announce sellouts.

A friend of a friend came into town and managed to get seats down low a half an hour before faceoff. Lots to choose from, too. I just don't buy it.

Bully for the fans who stayed home to watch the Tigers. They were rained out tonight.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Cam Ward made a flat-out ridicilous save in I believe the third period. Essentially four Thrashers (two behind the net, two in front) were just banging at rebounds, one goes for the slap shot to opposite corner and Ward just gloves it.
    Technically, he has issues. But kid has enough athletic skill to get him by for now.
    And Babchuk might be the best defensman on the team right now.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Appgrad, have the 'Canes shook off the Stanley Cup hangover?

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Not tonight, St. Louis with the natty trick for the Bolts, 5-1.....

Draft saved Draft deleted