1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Gotta love him, doncha? ;)

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Well, it does....but the Twins major success the last few seasons has been giving hockey a run for the money. ;)

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Holy Shit! Crosby with the trick a few minutes into the 2nd. Pens showing pimp hand to the Flyers, 5-1.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Canes up 4-1 on Lightning. Three goals in 43 seconds (a franchise record) during the 1st. PA guy got backed up, was still doing first goal when they scored the third.

Stillman is a good guy in the room (was given the "A" after training camp last year). But you look at him and say "surely we can do better than this guy."

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And speaking of pimp hands ...

Evgeni Malkin: 5 games. 5 goals.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Helluva job goaltending by Aubin and Aebischer in tonight's shootout ...

7. Flash

Flash Guest

8-2 Pittsburgh? Seriously, when do the Flames get to play the Flyers?

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Anyone see/hear Don Cherry defend Tucker's decision to fight, err, ambush Eaves the other night?

Then, when McLean asked "why doesn't Tucker fight Neil?" Cherry says "he doesn't have to" and "besides, Neil is like six-four" and "Tucker doesn't want to fight Neil."

Um, Don, both Eaves and Neil are six-foot. And I'm pretty sure Eaves didn't want to fight Tucker - but that 'fight' was okay in Grapes' eyes.

Not that he had much in my eyes, but Cherry lost a lot of respect and credibility tonight with his ridiculous reasoning. Which is a shame, because it should be Tucker I'm criticizing.

SSM

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

FWIW, Yahoo now has a link to their live video off their main NHL page. Includes the note that the video is only available in the U.S.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

used to love Don Cherry. For years I used to make sure I try to catch him, but the last few seasons when I have caught him he continues to drop in my books. Everyonce in a while he'll say somethign worthwhile, but all too often it's the same tired act that he;s used for the past 20 years, it's just that now he is completely off-base and foundationless. It seems more and more with each broadcast he turns that much more into a coffeeshope Leafs blowhard. always has been one, but he's getting worse. It's too bad too.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Agreed. It's understandable why hockey fans across Ontario and Canada can't stand CBC and TSN for their obvious Toronto biases.

Chris Neil is six-four? He must have grown four inches in the past month-and-a-half, because when I talked to him at his brother's wedding I could still look him straight in the eye without having to stand on tip-toes.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

The retirement wind needs to blow through and clean out HNIC.

Draft saved Draft deleted