1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Double J & Flash.

I was Georges Vezina's backup when Joe Malone played that year for the Canadiens.

Come and sit by my knee and I'll tell you tales.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh grandpappy, will you give me a two-dollar bill, too?

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Tell us about the time you convinced the governor-general to buy a trophy, for which all the teams of the Dominion could challenge.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

My backyard as a kid:

[​IMG]

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Apparently the Flyers tried to get Colin Campbell to become their GM. Campbell has said that he wants to take a job with one of the teams, so how sad is the state of the Flyers that he rejects them here?

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

For my 1,000th post (I also did this for post No. 500), I shall use it on the hockey thread. I plan to attend Monday's Ducks-Penguins game in Anaheim as I can't make it to tonight's Kings-Pens game in L.A.

Looking forward to seeing the NHL's future on display against a team with two of the best defensemen in the game today trying to stop the future stars. Should be great hockey.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Claws,
    Just out of curiosity, how difficult is it to get tickets for Ducks' games?

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

They have sold 11,000 season tickets in Anaheim and that's a record number. Tickets are always going to be available there, but if there are enough true hockey fans in Orange County/Los Angeles, the game will sell out (actually, it should have been sold out by now IMO).

MNF has Raiders-Seahawks and the LA/OC faithful still care about the Raiders so it'll be interesting. Don't know right off if the Clippers or Lakers are also at home that night.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Can't be. I can distinctly see hydro lines and an automobile in the background. ;)

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

It looks like Google is putting most ENTIRE games on its Web site for later viewing. Pretty cool.

http://video.google.com/nhl.html

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Very cool indeed.
    On that link you an also watch Game 6 of the Flyers/Islanders Stanley Cup Final.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1124662979200797205&q=owner%3Anhl+penguins&hl=en

1992 Stanley Cup Finals: Penguins-Blackhawks, Game 1

Yeah. I'm gonna be a little busy for awhile.

Draft saved Draft deleted