1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

JR: Update on Ducks-Penguins. I spoke to a guy in the Ducks office and said the game isn't sold out right now as of Wednesday afternoon.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm on the next Air Canada flight. Enjoy the game.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

How many times does one player on one team nearly outshoot the entire other team and lose? It happened tonight.

Marian Hossa had 16 shots, scoring one goal, in the Thrashers' 5-2 loss to the Hurricanes, who had only 18 shots. Cam Ward was amazing in goal and his defense was stellar in the face of having to kill 25 minutes of penalties.

And the Canes give Lehtonen (0-3 vs. Carolina this season) his first early exit of the season.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Jordan Staal scores again. Yeah, real tough decision to keep him up.
    Now the Pens just have to try and hold on to the stars they have.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sixteen shots? Seriously?

That must be a record--or close to it.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's actually pretty interesting. As for Lehtonen, what a terrible showing. Puke-worthy.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Didn't take long.

Evgeni Malkin. Six in six.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

8:29 of the first period. Guess he has yet to be taught the importance of drama.

At any rate, the record has been tied. Joe Malone, Newsy Lalonde and Cy Denneny, having already shuffled off this mortal coil, are now shuffling over to make room atop the pedestal.

Hey, I like that. I hope someone uses that for a lead tonight. :)

9. ondeadline

The Pens-Kings has been pretty entertaining so far. And who would have thought such a matchup would be of interest at all not long ago.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Since these East Coast vs. West Coast games are once a year now, it's actually intriguing. Kind of like interleague baseball. Thankfully there's an L.A. and Anaheim team in the area to see the Pens twice this year. Unfortunately I'm unable to go to tonight's game, but I'll be there Monday for Ducks-Pens.

11. ondeadline

Malkin gets the power-play, OT game-winner for his seventh goal in six games. Wow.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

His first two-goal game. I was wondering when he was going to break out; he was actually a bit of a disappointment in that regard. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted