1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Nice OT goal. Can Cloutier give the puck to the Pens even more? He was awful out there.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

3. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I was in seventh grade then and the day of the game was my school's Kennywood day. It was easily the biggest decision in my young life I ever had to make. I chose Kennywood. I chose poorly.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Nice piece in today's Globe on Malkin with some observations by his Russian coach, Dave King:

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20061101.wsptduha1/GSStory/GlobeSports

Thus far, Malkin and Crosby have been a dynamic combination, even though they're only half-a-dozen games into their partnership. It's almost as if they've been playing together a long time.

"When you get good players together, the one thing that happens is they're usually one play ahead of everyone else," analyzed King. "They're hard to defend because they're constantly in motion. They recognize, 'if I give it to him, I'm going to get it back.' With the new rules now that take away the ability to tackle, they're just terrific to watch."

Malkin celebrated his record-setting goal with a smile and a leap into the arms of his teammates that is rapidly becoming his trademark early in his NHL career. Both Malkin and Crosby play the game with so much passion and joy that their enthusiasm spills over into the rest of the

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Loved watching Hossa as a junior, yea so many years ago ... he's such a beautiful skater. More importantly, young Cam is sounding the real deal?

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

50 in 50 anyone?

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I don't think so. Let's just enjoy Malkin right now. Last thing anyone needs is someone claiming 50 goals in 50 games.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

As many times as I've been kicked in the junk by the Pens in the last few years, I should know better ... but fuck it. I can't take it anymore.

I'm all in.
    Next year is now.
    I believe.

Amazing what three or four monstrously talented kiddos will do for a team.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Obviously, Pittsburgh's blue line has to get a lot better and Fluery has to get better at controlling the rebounds. You'll know the Pens management is serious when they trade for defensive help.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ok, someone here lives in Pittsburgh. What's the ticket situation like? I'd make the 8 hour or whatever it is trek to see the Three Amigos.

Future of hockey.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Kennywood -- more specifically, the Thunderbolt and Potato Patch fries -- is never a poor choice.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Pens have been about 1,000 short of a sellout of nearly all the home games so far, so tickets have been available. With the team continuing to play well, though, I suspect things will get tougher when the team returns home.

Draft saved Draft deleted