1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ok, play along, folks.

The 2008 World Hockey Championships are (for the first time) in Canada. Well known Quebec lawyer Guy Bertrand is suggesting that there be a Team Quebec in the tourney. Apparently no one told M. Bertrand that the sovereignty debate is over but still, it'd be fun.

Name your Quebec team --or at least starting goalie, 2 d and three forwards.

I'll start with goal: Robert Luongo.

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

In goal: Denis Lemieux

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Remind me again -- do the gravy fries like to play the left or right wing?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

5. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

am i the only one annoyed by papers not traveling with hockey teams?

http://www.sportsmediaguide.com/09122006-HeleneElliott.html

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Goal: Roberto Luongo, Dan Cloutre
    Defence: MA Bergeron, Philippe Boucher
    Forwards: Alex Tanguay, Patrice Bergeron, Daniel Briere, also Simon Gagne, Martin St. Louis, Vincent Lecavilier

I tell you what though, if they did do this they would be screwed defensively. Very much hard up for front line defenders. Just went through every roster, very unimpressed. However, this may be Georges Laraque's only chance to make a national team.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, no quibbles except for Cloutier. He's never proven himself to be anything other than a good back-up. Jose Thedore would have been first choice three years ago. I'd take Luongo and Marc-Andre Fleury.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Reminder to U.S. surfers, yahoo has Rangers-Sharks tonight:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview?gid=2006110218

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

First period here in Carolina. Montreal and the Hurricanes are in a scoreless tie.

Other than the LaRose-Belanger-C. Adams line, everyone looks a step slow. But the Hurricanes still have 15 shots to the Canadiens' 8.

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I have decided, after waiting for the review of the Wild's late first period goal (which is a goal), that Mike Greenlay has got to be the worst color hockey broadcaster.

Ever.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, Mike Greenlay is horrible ...

Seriously, you guys wouldn't have Brodeur in your goal? I sure as heck would.

By the way, anyone need a VCR? Two up for grabs at the McCarty 'I need $6 million' bankruptcy auction.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I love being able to say "first-place Penguins" in conversations these days. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted