1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

On a completely unrelated note, should the Oilers miss the playoffs by a point, Nick McGeough should not book a vacation in the City Of Champions.

What an awful call.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Read it. Looking forward to the book which I believe will be published this week.

Haven't read "The Rookie" yet.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Working on getting tix to the Detroit game later this month ... keep your fingers crossed for me.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'll bet Craig McTavish feels his $10,000 fine for blasting McGeough in the media was money well spent. I would.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I was really surprised to hear MacTavish say that call was "retarded." It was, of course, but I wonder if Joey Moss heard that.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

"I'm not retarded. I'm a very special boy."

[​IMG]

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I flew Delta this weekend. There was an article on Columbus as a destination in Sky magazine.

In the lede, there was a reference to Columbus' NHL team.

The Columbus Bluehawks.

No kidding. Seriously, how hard would that be to fact-check?

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

OK, stupid question. What are all these small red circular items on the lapels of NHL coaches and TV commentators and what does it represent?

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It's a poppy. The Royal Canadian Legion sells them to raise money for veterans etc. People wear them from around Oct. 25 or so until Nov. 11.

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Thanks. I kept waiting for an announcer to explain it and they never did when I was watching.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

OK, the Penguins have arrived.

They played like dogshit in Anaheim against, arguably (or is it even arguable), the West's best team. And still came away with a point.

Draft saved Draft deleted