1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Brilliant effort by Raycroft last night against Flyers.

For all the Leafs nay-sayers (and yes, I know it's early in the season), they're second in their division behind Buffalo and in the Eastern Conference, only the Sabres & Thrashers have more points.

Mats may be playing the best hockey of his career.

The parade route is planned. :)

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

OK, for the record, what was the call & besides "retarded" what else did Craig say? I missed that edition of Sportscentre.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2006/11/07/oilers-canadiens.html

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, McTavish could always get drunk and run McGeough over.

(I know, I know, it's in extremely bad taste.)

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wow, that is in really bad taste. Even for this place.

Anyway, good to see my boy Bates Battaglia having a good go with the Leafs right now. He's working hard and getting rewarded for it....

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Penguins are in a three-way tie for first place with the Devils and Rangers. Just wanted to post that. :D

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

You mean that they're going to go clockwise around the RBC Center this year?

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

By rewarded, do you mean the Leafs have hired Sunset Thomas to fluff?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. But I couldn't resist.

Bates has been playing really well and seems to be getting more ice time (I haven't actually checked). Worked on his first goal even though the goalie was way out of position.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Or Tyler Faith, take your pic.....

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The Leafs are prospering off Canes castaways: head coach Paul Maurice, assistant coach Randy Ladouceur, Bates Battaglia and Jeff O'Neill.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, I wouldn't say "The Leafs are prospering". O'Neill requested a trade here after the death of his brother. He played like crap most of last year and arrived in camp out of shape. Maurice gave him another chance and he's doing OK.

Bates played for the Marlies all last year. He's playing well, fulfilling a role but his minutes are miniscule.

Draft saved Draft deleted