1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Near-capacity, JR, at least according to the story below. I haven't been able to attend a game this year, but that's work-related and not necessarily because I can't acquire a ticket. FSN South broadcasts tend to include plenty of house ads saying that tickets are available.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20061024.SPORTSBIZ24/TPStory/?query=NHL+attendance

My guess would be that weekend games and some opponents (Philly and Jersey in particular) are drawing near sellouts. But the local FM radio station is still pulling the tickets for $10.29 promo similar to last year. It's how I made four regular-season games last year - parking included - for under $20 each.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hell, parking alone at the ACC is $25.00

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If you don't mind a short walk, you can park free near the RBC Center.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Park at Fairgrounds?

5. ondeadline

No, for a few games I have parked at the high school parking lot across the street. When I went to a playoff game, they blocked it off, so I parked on a side street down from the school near the restaurant.

6. ondeadline

Poor Mo: Sundin out up to six weeks.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=282658

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Maybe it's been updated since you posted this, but the story now says 3-4 weeks.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ok, and I heard Wellwood's centring the first line with Poni and ANTROPOV. Yikes.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Tucker beat the hell out of Patrick Eaves, the cheap-shotting little rat that he is.

Rule 1: If you're going around throwing cheapshots, be prepared to drop the gloves.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, hb, Chris Neill started yapping at Tucker on the opening face-off the next game.

Tucker wouldn't have anything to do with the farm boy from South Western Ontario and hid under the kitchen table for the rest of the game. I can't stand Tucker--he's a gutless diving little puke.

They didn't call him Sideshow Bob for nothing.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Two Saturdays ago, Eaves threw a dirty elbow at Boston's Marc Savard, after Savard cleared the puck out of the Bruins' zone. Savard was down on the ice for two minutes, while Eaves skated away from Glen Murray, worried that Murray would pound him into submission.

Did you hear what Tucker told Neil? "I'm a goal-scorer." That's one of the most laughable statements uttered in a long time.

Just as Eaves deserved his beating, Tucker deserved one, too.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Did anyone see JFJ going on about the greatness of Tucker on OTR yesterday? It was sickening. I almost feel sorry for the Leafs fans to be stuck with Tucker.

Draft saved Draft deleted