1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

How sad is the Senators' power play? The Atlanta announcers said Ottawa has five power-play goals and has given up four short-handed goals. Pathetic.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

There is a lot wrong with that team right now, but I'm not sure where to point the finger outside of the goaltender. They have a lot of real nice pieces, almost anyof them I would gladdly welcome with open arms to my team, but for whatever reason they just aren't clicking right now. It's like they are all individually stuck on their own slumps at the same time. Really freaking wierd

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Holy shit, anybody else flipping between Pitt-TB and Ottawa-ATL? One of the Penguins just notched a second period natural hat trick in the final 10 minutes of the period to erase a 2-0 deficit.

Atlanta got down 4-1 or 4-2 to Ottawa, pulled Hedberg in the second and have stormed back to take a 5-4 lead.

I love Center Ice!

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Maybe McTavish should have run after McGeough and told him to have another donut.

:D

5. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Nils Ekman with the natural hat trick tonight. Pens and Lightning tied going into OT tonight.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm not saying that the Rangers' defensemen are lousy, but I heard that they are considering signing Spnited and JR as an "upgrade."

7. ondeadline

I was flipping my picture-in-picture back and forth between those games. I also happened to catch a brutal but clean hit by the Oilers' Raffi Torres against the Wings' Jason Williams after Williams had failed in an attempt to score on a wrap-around goal. It was a case of Williams looking the other way and Torres' shoulder going right into Williams' face. Lots of blood, a stretcher and an ambulance. I hope he's OK.

Bob McKenzie made the point that players are just hitting much harder than years ago and when you add the fact that there is more speed to the game now, you're going to get crushing hits like this.

8. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Vincent Lecavalier wins it in OT for Tampa on a breakaway goal.

9. ondeadline

It was a nice (but possibly lucky) outlet pass by St. Louis.

10. Hank_Scorpio

He's fine, but they were going to keep him in the hospital for observation. Apparently, Williams never lost consciousness. He was moving his arms and legs as they took him off.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wings spanked the Oilers 3-0. Edmonton was awful and the second goal was a shorthanded.

Beef is not happy.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Oilers were held without a shot for the entire first period. They didn't have a quality scoring chance until at least midway through the second.

Wings are unbeaten since losing to Edmonton seven games ago. Conversely, the Oilers are 1-5-1 in that same stretch.

Draft saved Draft deleted