1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It just seems on every OTR they bring it up, and a few weeks ago it was all anyone on the station could talk about (hits to the head). I'm glad Healy stood up for it – although I missed it – and not having left it for Domi. Domi would have screwed it up one way or another and come off sounding like a complete retard.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

They're not letting Domi sit at the big kid table anymore. Best move TSN has made there...

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I was wondering why I hadn't seen him on in a while. Thank God

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I heard Domi's not on because he's in the breakroom staring at a carton of orange juice that says "concentrate" on it.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

What do you mean admiring his pass? He was coming around the back of the net with a wraparound.

Still a clean hit tho.

A bit of a chippy game last night. Oilers were going after Markov a bit, probably because of the hit on Stoll. Maybe that took them off their game too.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He has his own segment: "Win, lose or Tie." It's really not that good.

I love watching TSN during intermissions. The bastards at Center Ice cut off the TSN postgame programming. But watching TSN coverage during intermissions reminds me of how good ESPN could be covering hockey if it wanted to be.

As far as production quality, I've found that I really like the Thrashers broadcasts (but not necessarily the announcers.) It was humorous that the guy doing interviews last night had substituted for Colin Cowherd that day considering Colin refuses to talk hockey.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Jesus, that was funny. Well done.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Stats are saying Raycroft left late in the second. What's up?

9. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

CBS Sportsline's glog says it looked like Raycroft suffered a groin injury.

10. ondeadline

More bad news for Mo, huh?

Meanwhile, Cam Ward gets his first regular-season shutout. How many goalies get two playoff shutouts before they record their first regular-season shutout? He made some terrific saves, but the Caps didn't exactly pelt him.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good to hear ... was out staffing hockey, so no chance to follow this one. And the TV down in the fat-cat area was tuned into the football game. Sounds like Ovechkin didn't break loose, which is most of the battle against the Caps.

12. ondeadline

Commodore, among others, kept the clamps on Ovechkin.

Draft saved Draft deleted