1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Meh, whatever ... Flames 3 Ducks 0 ... Nothing ... nuh-thing! Can you picture me doing the happy dance? Helluva game. And here's something you won't hear me say very often: Amonte was one of the top players tonight. Yeah, I said it. The pylon was a genius in his own end, especially on PK.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Flames can celebrate tonight, getting the Ducks on the second night of the back-to-back.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh Christ, how did I know that excuse was coming? Well, we'll see how the Flames respond to beating the best start in NHL history when they hit the road to play Vancouver tomorrow night.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I just checked the SOG ... 37-18 Anaheim so your fatigue factor is out the window. The Ducks got beat by one damn good goalie. That is all.

5. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Marc-Andre Fleury made 38 saves tonight and still got beat 6-3 by Ottawa.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Pens might be in a little bit of trouble. Lost Mark Eaton to injury the other night and the defense has looked positively awful since. Fleury was damn near brilliant and still gave up six.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

That team needs some damn defence.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Chris Neil with two assists, six hits and the third star for Ottawa. This guy never, ever takes a night off. :)

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Canes-Penguins update.

The Erik Cole vs. Brooks Orpik battle has been absent so far, outside of an innocent bodycheck that Cole initiated.
    But Mike Commodore (who, btw, is fast becoming a very good defenseman) and Maxime Talbot did duke it out. Commodore wins with a right jab.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

2-0 Canes. Commodore continues to emerge, not that he was under the radar for starters. If Cole was going to get back at Orpik, he would have done it in the Oct. 14 game at Pittsburgh. And the only thing that took place that night was Trevor Letowski getting his lights turned out on the ice.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Except for Orpik missed that game with a broken hand. Unless Cole walked up to the press box and beat him up there, it was going to happen tonight if it happened.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Cole is too big a man to do that. No one would blame him if he were still a bit pissed, but he made it back and Carolina did OK last year. I don't see it as much of a subplot.

Draft saved Draft deleted