1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

To beat someone up in a press box? I would say everyone in the NHL, save Sean Avery, is too big for such an act.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No, to get that chippy, period. It's not in Cole's makeup. He'll defend himself, of course, but he wouldn't headhunt Orpik.

Of course, winning 6-2 with a flourish like they did tends to soothe feelings. Eric gets the best of Jordan again. Get used to it for a while, little bro. (sorry Mustard) :D

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Tonight Neiler gets the second star, with two goals, two hits and a plus-two in a losing cause in Boston.

As for the Sens in general, something is going to have to give there very soon.

4. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Looks like the Penguins are coming back to earth. Five losses in a row. The last two, they've been out-shot 73-37.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Four in a row for the Flames ... whoo whoo!

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Leafs smack Fenian's Habs 51 without Mats, Raycroft or Kubina.

Kaberle apparently took shooting lessons in the offseason.

Leafs are second in the divison, fourth in the conference.

Oh, ye of little faith.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I think the Leafs are for real.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Leafs are for real, and much of the thanks can go to Maurice.

All the players comment on how the attitude in the room is different, how much more upbeat the practices are.

Unlike under Quinn, if you produce under Maurice you play. And I think Mats has played the best of his career so far.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The Leafs looked very good last night, and they were missing Sundin and Raycroft.

Rangers lost 3-1 to the Washington Ovechkins last night, not that anyone in the Tri-State area would know. If you have Time Warner Cable, the game wasn't on. I know. I have TWC and couldn't find the game. I also own the hockey package, but the game was blacked out because it was a NY market game.

THIS JUST IN: Glen Sather just called up defensemen JR, spnited and BitterYoungHack. They are expected to ably replace useless Michael Roszival, elderly Marek Malik and Sandis Ozolinsh.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wow, JR and spnited haven't played together since they went by the names "Tim Horton" and "Allan Stanley." ;D

11. longjumper42

longjumper42 Member

I know this is an NHL dominated board, but is there a college hockey board anywhere????

Don't get me wrong... slightly obsessive hockey fan, either way... just wondering if there was a board about CH.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No but you start a thread

Draft saved Draft deleted