1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

How's Blake Geoffrion doing at Wisconsin?

2. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Anyone see Rene Bourque take a skate to the neck last night? Ack, people getting cut with skates is always nasty.

He's out 3-6 weeks recovering from surgery to repair a "deep laceration." Shades of Malarchuk.

3. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I almost gave up looking for his stats (man, UW's site is a pain). A goal and 2 assists in 12 games, with 24 PIMs.

I was disappointed. I was hoping for donuts across the board.

4. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

How long before the axe drops in Columbus? Shut out four times in 15 games. Keep waiting for their scorers to break out. Still waiting...

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The axe should fall on McLean first. How he has managed to keep himself and all his PEI buddies employed is beyond me.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If all those guys get fired, the population of Summerside will double.

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Just saw that Gallant was fired.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And they're still better than Malik and Roszival...

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I would like to point out that Dick Duff was inducted after all these years in the HHOF. Scored the Cup winning goal for the Leafs in '62 and went on to have a great career with both the Leafs and the Habs. Classy then and classy now.

Went in today with St. Patrick, Herbie Brooks and Harley Hotchkiss who may be as responsible as anyone in keeping the Canadian teams in Canada when it looked like Bettman wanted to move all the teams south of the 49th parallel

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Brian Burke was busy today...

Fedoruk is going to miss some time, after Minnesota's Derek Boogard broke his cheekbone and orbital bone in a fight. (You can see the video clip on hockeyfights.com.)

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

MacLean back behind the bench again?

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

No word yet on a replacement for Gallant.

Let this be a lesson to those who would get shut out by the Blackhawks....
    with Brian Boucher in net.

I still have a hard time with a team with the obvious informal nickname of "BJs"...

Draft saved Draft deleted