1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Francis the odd man out? Yeah ... nothing against anyone on that list, but I'd have a major problem with that.

2. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Member

I'd bet on Larionov waiting since the voters are mostly Canadian. He did not do enough over here to displace one of the other four.

The waiting requirement is three years. Yzerman and Francis will not go in together.

3. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Is it possible they would allow an exception? Much like they did with the waiting period for Gretzky and Lemieux.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

When Gretzky was inducted, I thought they had said no more exceptions. Of course, it is the NHL. Maybe they'll make an exception to the exception.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought the Devils played two very good periods.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No. More. Exceptions.

Well, until it's Sid the Kid's turn. :)

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, do you know where the name comes from? There's not a mountain within a day's driving distance of Mimico.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

How about Mount Chinguacousy in Brampton or Dundalk, which purports to be the highest point in Ontario? Blue Mountain?

I'm not helping here am I?

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Lot of talk on TSN last night that Ken Hitchcock might be the front runner for the Columbus job.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Huggy,

Isn't Mount Chinguacousy like Centennial Park in Etobicoke--a mountain made out of garbage?

And no, you're not helping.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

Never did figure it out. Next lacrosse season I might have to really dig down and get to the bottom of it.

There's a Mount Chinguacousy? Hmmm. Whoda thunk it?

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Come south of Hwy. 26 sometime, my Grey-Bruce friend. There's a whole big, bad world down here.

Draft saved Draft deleted