1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ok, legend has it that a team came in from Hamilton to play a lacrosse match against Mimico--back in the early 1900's. Mimico challenged them to their team name.

Mimico won and got to keep the name; hence, Mimico Mountaineers.

(Only in Hamilton would they call the Niagara Escarpment "The Mountain". )

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't think Double J remembered to renew his passport. Besides, all the traffic would scare his horse.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Oh, I know exactly where Chinguacousy is. I've just never seen anything there that resembled a mountain.

Shows how much you know. For your information, I now have a truck:

[​IMG]

Ain't it a beauty? My Uncle Jed left it to me in his will.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Wasn't too bad, but to give up three in the third period in MSG doesn't speak too well overall in this game.

Also, when is Scott Gomez expected back? Will he be on the West Coast trip the Devils have starting next week?

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Garbage and what was dug out of the basements of the many homes built in Bramalea in the late 70s-early 80s, I believe.

It is an embarrassment to mountains, but still too high for me to want to ski.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not enough of a hockey guy to slog through 22 pages, but this deserved another response.

If it's not part of the NIA alliance, you don't have to put up with Big Dog. Definitely a positive.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

How can a worst goalie ever conversation take place and no one mention Roman Turek? had one half decent playoff run and then played solid for half a season in Calgary then on the same night he signed a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract with the Flames he promptly got lit up for six goals and it was all down hill from there.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, not in the same league as Hardy.

Turek is in the "Patrick Lalime" school of crappy goaltending. Be a fraud for two or three years by pretending you can stop the puck then choke your brains out when it counts most.

As long as I live, I will never forget Niedermayer's goal on Lalime in Game 7. Just as he is about to shoot, I say to the person next to me, "No one ever scores from there" (Out in the halfboards by the face-off circle). Bingo. It's in. And then someone scores another identical goal.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

There's plenty of crappy goaltending to go around, but Astrom tops 'em all.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought the Devils dominated the game, save for a 90 second span of the third period. Of course, those 90 seconds cost Jersey two points.

After the game, Claude Julien said that he thought the Devils became complacent.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

JR and Spnited are having great games, btw. Rangers and Hurricanes are tied at 1 entering the third.

Aaron Ward did come from behind and punch Kevyn Adams in the face early. Old teammates should play nice, except of course when one of them is Ward.

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Do any Canadians (or Americans with access to it) agree with me when I say TSN's Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie has made a career out of telling viewers NOTHING every single night?

He talks all around the subject, covers his ass by covering every angle and then tells me nothing new when all is said and done.

Draft saved Draft deleted