1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-Purpose Hockey Thread II

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MertWindu, Sep 21, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Of course Kevyn had a fight with a CURRENT teammate, Hedican, this season in practice!

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I look forward to Don Cherry's rants every Saturday night. It's like carwreck, only you can see it coming.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

For all you puckheads out there, this week's South Park has a lot of hockey (albeit pee wee hockey) in it, but I didn't think it was a funny episode at all. A pee wee team from South Park ends up taking over the Avalanche's game against the Red Wings after the second intermission with the score tied at 2. The Red Wings win (I believe it was) 34-2. Interestingly, I flip to the Center Ice after watching South Park and the Avs were tied 2-2 after two periods, but against the Sharks.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, I gotta go with JR. Turek ranks as a mid-level goalie. He's certainly no Kiprusoff or Brodeur but he ain't no Red Light Racicot either. ;)

5. Flash

Flash Guest

MacKenzie can provide valuable information. But you do have to slog through a lot of shit to find it. Cherry has gone absolutely mental.

6. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

What the hell happened in Anaheim?

The worst team in the league, Philly, beat the best team, Anaheim, 7-4?

Giguere gave up five in the first period and was yanked.

7. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Shots were 41-16 in favor of Anaheim.

Not a good game to be a Duck goalie. Giggy gave up five goals on 11 shots, Bryzgalov two goals on five shots.

8. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Wow. What a crazy game.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Are the Sens getting back on track? They won 4-2 over the Sabres, with Chris Neil scoring another big goal.

Another homeboy, Sheldon Souray, scores twice with the man advantage as Les Habitants down the Bolts 3-1. Souray leads the Canadiens in scoring and has seven power-play goals, fourth in the league.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yes, Chris Neil has had a great season so far but your Sens are still gutless pukes. :)

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

A mid-level goalie? now you're just talking crazy.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

How is Souray another homeboy for you (I take it to mean that he is from the same area as you?) The guy is from Elk Point, AB. I could have sworn you're from Ontario.

Draft saved Draft deleted